Fourth Annual Medical Device Innovation Forum
- Growing Asia’s Medical Device Industry through Innovation and International Collaboration
Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 - 10:00 to 18:00
Venue: OIST (Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology) Conference Center (1919-1 Tancha, Onna-son, Kunigami-gun, Okinawa, Japan)
Program: Session V, Panel Discussion (starting from 13:15)
The event will be hosted by the Economy, Trade and Industry Department of the Okinawa Prefecture government, the Okinawa General Bureau Cabinet Office, the Government of Japan, and the National University of the Ryukyus Hospital.
The panel discussion will be focused on the theme of Growth Models for Asian Medtech Companies, to be led by Kirk Zeller, Managing Director U.S. & Co-Founder of Asia MedMarket Access (MedMarket Access, LLC).
Panelists leading the discussion include:
1) Akiyuki Takaya (President, Okinawa Medical Device)
2) Mitsuho Miyahara (Director, Medical and Assistive Device Industries Office, METI)
3) Mitsuyo Yamamoto (President & CEO, JOHNAN Corporation)
4) Ching-Jiunn Chang (Executive Vice President, Industrial Technology Investment Corporation)
This full-day conference is open to all members of the medtech industry, which will be held at Okinawa Institute of Science & Technology Graduate University (OIST).
Exploring how medical device innovation clusters have evolved in Silicon Valley to become the model for disruptive and incremental innovation, the event will examine the process of collaboration among universities, industry, incubators and accelerators with effectively networked ecosystems, and focus the conversations on unmet regional needs that have global market opportunities.
Simultaneous translations and bilingual program materials will be provided.
For more information, please visit the official event website here.